What is a forum?
A forum is a place for an ongoing conversation about a particular subject. In a forum, you can share an idea, do a poll, get or give advice, or just discuss your favorite subject with like-minded people.
Forums are a great way to find your target market and interact with them. A forum can build community and a trusted network. These are meccas for creating that “know you, like you, trust you” factor and it’s free!
Forums have a group of contributors and a moderator that makes sure everyone follows the rules. As a member, you can start a topic that allow others to join in on the conversation. This two-way conversation is called a thread.
As an owner of a business, this is an incredible way to point traffic to your blog or website.
Every time you join in on the conversation, leave a small signature that tells a little more about you, and a link to your site. Don’t spam! Give great content on the thread that creates interest about you and if someone wants to know more about who you are, they can click on your link.
Here are five steps to help promote your blog or website in forums. Do this a little everyday and watch your visitors grow:
1. Goolge forums where your specific target market hangs out. For example, “stay at home mom forums”.
2. Read through the FAQ to know the rules of the forum.
3. Join the forum and read through discussions. Listen to how the group interacts and get acquainted with it’s
4. Comment on threads and leave smart content and really add value to the discussions (no spammy talk here!). Be authentic!! People know when you are just there to take, take, take!
5. Leave your signature and a link to your site after your comment.
I have had some highly targeted prospects come through my sites from forums.
These people already know you and are more likely to leave comments on your blog. This is a beautiful thing when you have interaction from others on your site. This increases your visibility to search engines and creates activity that others want to be a part of. These visitors also become prospects that may want to know more about what you have to offer.
I set aside 30 minutes everyday promoting my site in forums. It’s fun, free, and increases visitors to my blog.
To Your Success!